More About the Project
The Panhandle Pathway is a 21 mile linear non-motorized recreational trail that is developed on the old A & R Railroad corridor. It runs between Winamac and Kenneth, Indiana (approximately 1 mile west of France Park), passing through Star City, Thornhope and Royal Center.
- An off road bicycle and walking route linking Winamac, Star City, Thornhope, Royal Center and Kenneth (and eventually Logansport), and other regional bicycle routes and trails
- A place for exercise and recreation.
- A place for schools to supplement educational needs including physical fitness, team training, science, biology and other related fields of study.
- An environment to display local agriculture, north central Indiana life style and country living.
- A quiet place to enjoy nature, for walking and biking with family and friends.