Panhandle Pathway Related Links
- Nickel Plate Trail - The Nickel Plate trail is the 40+mile railtrail corridor running from Cassville in Howard County to Rochester in Fulton County. The trail currently goes through the communities of Cassville, Bennetts Switch, Miami, Bunker Hill, Peru, Denver, Deedsville, Birmhingham, Macy and Rochester.The Nickel Plate Trail is ideal for walking, hiking, running, bicycling, skating, or even cross country skiing
- Eel River Trail - The Friends of the Eel River Trail is a non-profit citizen group. Our initial goal is to convert the historic Eel River Railroad Line extending from Columbia City to South Whitley, Indiana into a trail for the safe, recreational enjoyment and health of everyone.
Trail Support Organizations
- IndianaTrails Community - The mission of Hoosier Rails to Trails Council (HRTC) is to advocate for trails and greenways in Indiana. Accordingly, HRTC advocates for trails generally, rail-trails specifically. As such we also promote and advocate for walking bicycling, and non-motorized pathways.
- Greenways Foundation - The Greenways Foundation promotes Greenways, Blueways, and Multi-Use Trails in Indiana.
- TrailLink.com - FREE trail information on the Web. Find detailed information on bike trails, walking trails, equestrian trails, and hiking and running trails including interactive trail maps, trail descriptions, pictures and more.
- Rails to Trails Conservancy - Rails-to-Trails Conservancy is a nonprofit organization based in Washington, D.C., whose mission it is to create a nationwide network of trails from former rail lines and connecting corridors to build healthier places for healthier people.
- Trails Blog - From the Rails to Trails Council Web site
- Bicycle Indiana - The mission of Bicycle Indiana is to create a bicycle friendly Indiana through Promotion, Education and Advocacy.The purpose of Bicycle Indiana is to legitimize the bicycle in the State of Indiana through a cohesive state organization that represents
- Trails Blog - Latest Trail news from the Rails to Trails Council Web site
National Related Government
Recreation (Bike Shops etc.) Supporting Businesses
- Breakaway Bike Shop is committed to customer satisfaction through quality products, service and customer relationships. Since 1989, Breakaway Bike Shop has served Peru and the surrounding communities to provide recreation and healthy family activities.
- Bicycle Garage Indy - BGI promotes and supports healthy lifestyle changes in the Central Indiana community by providing a retail experience that wows our customers. BGI will accomplish this through making personal commitments to each customer and working with other BGI Team
Other supporting Businesses
- Indian Trail Wines - 7540 N County Road 350 W Royal Center, In 46978 574-889-2509 Fine Local Wines For Fine Local Tastes Hours Friday – 2:00 to 6:00 Saturday / Sunday – 11:00 to 6:00 Holiday Mondays – 11:00 to 6:00 Will Open by Appointment
- Good Oil offers a number of services to the North Central Indiana area.
- Dick Sims Insurance provides clients a variety of crop insurance & risk management products.
Supporting Community Foundations
- American Discovery Trail
- The American Discovery Trail (ADT) is a new breed of national trail – part city, part small town, part forest, part mountains, part desert – all in one trail.
- Cass County (IN) Visitor’s Bureau
- As your travels take you through the heart of north central Indiana you may find yourself in Cass County, where friends, family and two rivers meet.
- 2 Rivers On 2 Wheels
- The 2 Rivers On 2 Wheels bike tour is organized by a dedicated group of bicycle enthusiast and the Cass County (Indiana) Family YMCA staff. Riders have a choice of 15, 23, 30, 45 and 63 mile routes along prime Indiana farmland, the beautiful Eel and Wabash Rivers.
- Bike Rides in Indiana
- Welcome to Bike Rides in Indiana, where you can find the latest information about touring bicycle rides in and around Indiana.